CAREER OPTION : Choreographer
An artistic vision to help your physical body and soul connect, a strong Head-to-toe coordination, a grace that can't be potentially put down and a skill to create body movements can set you all up to become a renowned and celebrated choreographer.
Choreography is the art of designing and coordinating your physical body movements to make your body move in a flow ,with elegance and grace.
Although the birthland of a choreographer is Dance but you can even spread your wings to fly high as a Fashion Choreographer, English Choreographer, An architectural choreographer etc.
Categories of Dance forms :
- Contra Dance
- Country and Western
- Belly dance
- Latin dance
- Folk dance
To climb the ladder that destines you to be a choreographer:
The first step is to Receive Dance Training : Choose your field of dance, learn and explore
The second step is to Consider Formal Education : Although it isn't mandatory, but seeking a formal education helps you to get industry ready to present your skills with a stamped note.
The third step says Gain Experience : Join a professional organization such as the National Dance Association and Dance/USA that offers employment listings, networking events and educational opportunities to members. Dancers and choreographers may participate in conferences and training sessions.
Career Requirement :
- Degree Level High school diploma is sufficient for this field, however, many choreographers earn bachelor's degrees
- Degree Field Performing arts/dance
- Experience Significant amount of dance experience
- Key Skills Creativity is essential, strong leadership and teamwork skills, physical stamina and balance, Conducting and commanding skills
- Salary $44,250 per year (Median salary)
Some of the courses available in Dance are :
- Dance and BA Hons ,3yrs.
- Diploma in dance, 2yrs.
- Master of dance studies, 1-3yrs.
- BA & social sciences in Dance Studies,1-3yrs.
Some of the top dance schools are :
- Bhartiya Vidhya Bhavan, Bangalore
- Veve Dance, Mumbai
- Nalanda Nritya Kala Mahavidyalaya, Mumbai
- Ballet Repertoire Academy of India, Mumbai
- Sri Thyagaraja College of Music and Dance, Hyderabad
- Latin Dance India, Bangalore
- National Institute of Kathak Dance, Delhi
- ITA school of performing arts, Mumbai
- Nrityanjali Institute of Performing Arts, Mumbai
- Delhi Dance Academy, Delhi
- Centennial College (Diploma in dance, 2yrs.)
- University of Central Lancashire (Dance and BA Hons ,3yrs.)
- Edith Cowan University
- Coventry University
- Macquaire University
- George Mason University
- Cardiff Metropolitan University
- University of new south whales UNSW (BA & social sciences in Dance Studies)
- University of Otago (Master of dance studies, 1-3yrs.)
- Plyouth University (Dance BA hons ,3yrs.)
Some of the famous dance choreographers you can co-relate the memoirs of are :
Prabhu Deva, Remo D'Souza, Farah Khan, Saroj Khan, Ganesh Hegde, Lacchu Maharaj, Terence Lewis, Vaibhavi Merchant
Jennifer Lopez, Shakira, Michael Jackson, Tina Turner, Paula Abdul, Liza Minneli, Bruno Mars, Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire
"Turn your skill of connecting with your soul into a career as a dance choreographer..
....lead and create dancing souls"