CAREER OPTION > Auditor
Career as an AUDITOR
An Auditor is a person in a firm who examine accounts and accounting records, measures the durability and quality of work by comparing the charges with the vouchers and verifies balance sheets. To act as an auditor, you must be certified in accounting and auditing. As an auditor, you should hear, listen, and verify the accounts of your firm. In terms of accounting, as an auditor, you are responsible to evaluate the validity and reliability of your company. You also need to keep a check on the organization's financial statements.
Types of auditors:
Reviews employee performance as per company’s norms and accounting systems and inform company’s head to make an address company’s growth and revenue concerns.
Review the practices, accounts and finance records of federal agencies. Govt. auditors report their findings and budget information to the ruling or opposition political party (as required). To audit state and municipal agencies, most state governments have separate departments.
Reviews the validity of financial statements of a district, agency, municipality, or a company without being associated to them. They don’t work for government or a firm, but they work to help firms prevent the misleading of financial information that can lead to a fraud.
Ladder to auditor:
Step 1: Get a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a relatable field
Step 2: Get a CPA (Certified Public Accountant) certification
Step 3: Get experience and earn education credits
Step 4: Earn additional certifications like CFSA, CIA, etc.
- Sc. Accounting, Auditing and Taxation 3 Years
- Com. GENERAL Auditing & Management Accounting 3 Years
- Diploma in Internal Quality Auditing and QS 9000 /ISO 9000(ISO 9001 to 9004) 6 Months
- Post Graduate Diploma in Internal Quality Auditing & QS 9000/ISO 9000 (ISO 9000: 2000) 1 Years
- PGDM (Government Accounting & Internal Audit) 2 Years
- Com. in Auditing and Taxation 3 Years
- Com. in Accounting, Auditing & Taxation 2 Years
- Com in Advanced A/c & Auditing 2 Years
Lead Auditor Training Certifications:
- OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System Lead Auditor Training
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management System Lead Auditor Training
- ISO 22000 Food Safety Management System Lead Auditor Training
- ISO 28000 Supply Chain Security Management System Lead Auditor Training
- ISO 29001 Quality for Oil and Gas Management System Lead Auditor Training
- ISO 9001 Quality Management System Lead Auditor Training
- ISO 50001 Energy Management System Lead Auditor Training
Top Auditor training institutes:
- Regional Training Institute, Jaipur(Rajasthan)
- Indian Adult and Accounts Department Regional Training, Kolkata (West Bengal)
- The Institute of Internal Auditors India, Kolkata
- The Institute of Internal Auditors India, Chennai (Tamil Nadu)
- National Academy of audits & accounts, Shimla
- BSI Group India Pt. Ltd., New Delhi
- LRQA, Mumbai
- BSI Group India, Chennai
- BSI Group India, Hyderabad
- BSI Group India, Bangalore
- University of Maryland, USA
- University of Houston, USA
- Boise State University, USA
- Davenport University, USA
- Birmingham City University, UK
- Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation, Malaysia
- University of Maribor, Slovenia
If you have your command on accounting and calculations and want to work prestigiously in field of accounting, AUDITING awaits your steps. Go grab it!