EXAMS > GMAT
MORE ABOUT GMAT
Want to get a direct ticket to management universities in abroad? Go and grab your ticket through GMAT.
The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is to pursue any management related program in abroad. The program may be MBA or Master of Finance or Master of Accountancy, etc. Your analytical, writing, quantitative, verbal and reading skills are the parameters to be judged.
GMAT test covers 4 major sections-
- Analytical Writing
- Quantitative Section
- Elementary Algebra
- Ratio Proportions
- Properties of Integers
- Permutation and combinations
- Exponents and roots
- Linear equations etc
- Verbal Skills
- Critical reasoning
- Rhetorical construction of the sentences
- Sentence correction related to finding error or omission
- Reading unseen passages
- Subject verb agreement
- Misplace modifiers
- Countable Vs Uncountable
- Integrated Reasoning Section
- Table analysis
- Graphic interpretation
- Multi source reasoning
- Two part analysis
- Analytical Writing – 1 Topic
Duration - 30 minutes
- Verbal reasoning- 36 questions,
Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning, Sentence Correction
Duration – 65 minutes
- Quantitative – 2 sections, 31 questions
Data Sufficiency, Problem Solving
Duration – 62 minutes
- Integrated reasoning – 12 questions
Multi-Source Reasoning, Graphics Interpretation, Two-Part Analysis, Table Analysis
Duration - 30minutes
Test duration is 3 hours 30 minutes. The top tier universities require at least score of 710, while middle tier universities accept 600. Your score stays valid for 5 years. You cannot appear for this exam more than 5 times in a 12-month rolling period. Also, you can attempt this exam to a maximum of 8 times in a lifetime.
GMAT test is not restricted with any such eligibility criteria, but you should appear in GMAT after seeking your Under graduate degree as GMAT exam is meant to help you seek your post graduate degree in management. Apart from clearing the GMAT cut-off, the university you get into through GMAT might have an admission criterion to be fulfilled.
Steps to register for GMAT 2018:
- The first step is to visit the GMAT official website’s registration page.
- Once you have logged on to the GMAT official website, you will get a form to fill containing some basic questions about you.
- You will now create an ID and password.
- You now have to make online payment of the application fee, which is $250. You can make online payment through credit card, debit card, net banking.
- You can now log in and select the date and place to take the exam.
Some of the best GMAT Coaching Institutes in India are
- Manya abroad
- Career launcher
- MJ academy
- Abhyaas, Hyderabad
- Knewton, Calcutta
Some GMAT coaching centres can even train you online if it is flexible for you. You can get into a UG college in accordance with your area of interest and then simultaneously join a coaching institute and spare out your time to prepare for GMAT side by side, crack the exam and then do your PG in abroad. Now-a-days, this is the most favoured option by students as the urge, to know the practicality of education, diversity of education and that different learning environment, has been increasing among youngsters. If you feel the willingness to pursue your masters in management in abroad regardless of your area of interest, then GMAT is the exam you should aim at.
Step ahead in your future endeavours and excel!